Crufts 2013 – Photographer captures a regal looking Larry!

March 12th, 2013 - 12:12 pm KY Time

Howllo Fellow Basset Hound and Larry Lovers….hehehe

Crufts, as many of you know, is the big time dog show over in England that happens every year.  Kind of like our Westminster dog show up in New York.  They put out some fun shots of the dogs and one of them was Larry.

Basset Hound Larry

What a dignified looking Chap.  He looks like he is saying,

“Can an ole bean get some tea and biscuits if ya don’t mind, Ta”!

If you recall, last year the winner of the basset hound group could not advance.  If you are deemed a high risk breed for being unhealthy from breeding you must go to the vet check area.  The basset hounds were so unhealthy in the past that they were put in the high risk group.  This year the basset hound passed the vet check and was able to advance to the hound group.

I cannot say enough good things about this rule.  I absolutely love it.  Health should come before beauty and that is my bottom line.

Larry was not the winner of the hound group but he was my winner for most charming!  Good health to you Larry, you already win in beauty!

More loving Larry later…Cat, Daisy Lynn, (Chaps and Emma ATB) voting for health checks at American dog shows.

Comments

1. Cindy, Jethro, Oz, Harriet and (Rugs ATB)
    March 12th, 2013 | 1:28 pm

I agree 200% with health comes first. We should have that rule here for sure. Maybe that would tame down some of the bad breeding going on.

Larry is definitely beautiful!

2. Maureen and Slinky
    March 12th, 2013 | 3:47 pm

Larry is quite distinguished looking and an excellent example of healty breeding-he’s tops in that category.

3. Karen McDonough
    March 12th, 2013 | 5:13 pm

Gerber baby Daisy….. YES !!
    I just love the way you have Chapsie watching over Miss Mayor Daisy, or is it Mayor Miss Daisy?
    Yes, Larry is quite handsome, and health checks are most important for ALL dogs.

4. Cat
    March 12th, 2013 | 8:56 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh thank you KM – Miss Mayor or Mayor Miss, I love them both. I also love her nick name. We have a fun post coming up about that!

5. joni brooks
    March 12th, 2013 | 9:11 pm

I was at Crufts in 1990 or 1991. It was awesome.

6. March 13th, 2013 | 11:01 am

I love that picture! It’s Sir Larry meets John Lennon.